Asa had an army of three hundred thousand men from Judah, equipped with large shields and with spears, and two hundred and eighty thousand from Benjamin, armed with small shields and with bows. All these were brave fighting men. Zerah the Cushite marched out against them with an army of thousands upon thousands and three hundred chariots, and came as far as Mareshah. Asa went out to meet him, and they took up battle positions in the Valley of Zephathah near Mareshah. Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, "Lord, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, Lord our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this vast army. Lord, you are our God; do not let mere mortals prevail against you."
Then, the Lord struck down the Cushites before Asa and Judah. The Cushites fled, and Asa and his army pursued them as far as Gerar. Such a great number of Cushites fell that they could not recover; they were crushed before the Lord and his forces. The men of Judah carried off a large amount of plunder. They destroyed all the villages around Gerar, for the terror of the Lord had fallen on them. They looted all these villages, since there was much plunder there. They also attacked the camps of the herders and carried off droves of sheep and goats and camels. Then they returned to Jerusalem.'
Welcome to a new week of victory. On Mondays, we essentially focus on some prayer missiles to start the week. Thanks be to Jesus, for this week, the Lord has guided us to the story of Asa - another of those unfamiliar stories of scriptures. As we pray today, the one, who is always for us, (Yahweh), will hear our Battle Cries and respond with His heavenly warriors to settle our matters, Amen. Let's focus quickly on the Rhema before we pray!
- The battle between Asa & Zerah is typical of all battles we fight daily - between light and darkness. That's why I want to implore you to let the Lord brood over your soul as you meditatively read this.
- Asa had a fortified army of 580,000 warriors but Zerah came with a thousand upon thousand and three hundred chariots (1,000,000 man army with more sophisticated chariots). In other words, the enemy you are contending with is wicked and can muster and often do muster twice the forces you can physically put together. The Rhema here therefore are these;
- never rely on physical weapons to fight spiritual battles. The enemy of your soul is the old man - who has been around for a while.
- no matter the strength of your physical armour (intellectual, qualifications, competitive advantage, beauty, public ratings and recognition), you still need to know that the weapons of your warfare must never be physical or carnal but mighty through Christ that strengthens you. Eph 6:12
- physically, the enemy (the problem, obstacles, challenges) as long as its from the enemy will be formidable - most times double the effort you are putting in. However, as a christian, you must know that 'they that be with us and much more than they that be with them' 2 Kings 6: 15-16
- And Asa called unto the Lord. Do you know that the Lord cannot act until you call upon Him? Someone, something must trigger the move of God. Is He aware of the swarming troubles? Oh yes He is. There are several stories to support this. Jesus was in the boat with the disciples and fast asleep while they battle the raging storm. And they finally woke him up with these words 'don't you care that we perish' (Matt 8: 25)? He only got up, rebuke the wind and the sea, there was peace. Beloved, He is aware, He knows, but you got to do what you have to do - cry out to Him; hence, the title, battle cry.
- Then, in respond to Asa's cry, the Lord struck the Cushites. This morning, the Lord of Host will strike. The forces of heaven will fight for you. The reason why you haven't being victories is because you have not employed the forces of heaven. When the Lord strikes, the enemy must flee and be defeated. Remember, when the Lord struck for the lepers (2 Kings7:3-9) a whole battalion of the enemy fled. Even now, the Lord of Host is striking on someone's behalf and your victory shall be permanent in Jesus Name.
- This victory is coming with mighty restoration. (Joel 2:25-26).You are about to plunder the usurper of your destiny. You are not only going to be restored, you will also return safely, back to Jerusalem - we will finish well, get to our heavenly Jerusalem in Jesus Name.
Prayer Missiles - Father, in the Name of Jesus;
- Let every weapon fashion against me, my destiny, my household, and my spiritual inheritance, Father Lord, cause them to fail and be frustrated in Jesus Name.
- Put to shame the forces of the enemy gathering against me. Raise your mighty standard like a flood and cause them to fail in their evil agenda. Isa 59: 19
- Thou will keep in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you. Father Lord, no matter how formidable the enemy may be, keep me from fear. Be my confidence and my joy in Jesus Name, Amen.
- Until Elisha prayed for his young man, he was perplexed and fearful against the mighty host, Oh Lord, you are my Elisha, and you also prayed for Peter, hold my hands, pray for me. Let me see your heavenly host already prepared to fight for me and keep my eyes always on you.
- Some trust in chariots and some in horses - Oh Lord, my trust is in you. Arise to help me this week in Jesus Name. (Psalm 20: 7)
- too much, put the enemy to shame. (Psalm 61:2).
- You spoke to the wind and the sea, and there was peace. Concerning my situation this week, speak Lord, please speak peace. Calm every raging storm. Every waging tongues, tied them up in Jesus Name.
- Asa got a mighty restoration; he could no longer be hindered. On account of this victory, the path of success is open. All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth (Psalm 25:10a). Father, keep me in your path. Let my recovery be total in Jesus Name.
- Asa and his army got back to Jerusalem safely. Oh Lord, my focus at the end of everything is the heavenly Jerusalem - help me to berth safely in my heavenly Jerusalem in Jesus Name.
- Give Him thanks and wrap up with praying in the spirit. The Lord is with you, as a mighty man of war. Shalom & Blessings!!! From the Desk of:
Pastor in the House
Post a Comment