Sunday, 24 June 2018
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENTS MANUAL
SUNDAY 24TH JUNE 2018
TOPIC: HEARING FROM GOD
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord's day, Thy friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds black with rain,
I'll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord's day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
MEMORY VERSE: "And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth” - 1Samuel 3:10
BIBLE PASSAGE: 1 Samuel 3:1-10
Then the boy Samuel ministered to the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was rare in those days; [there was] no widespread revelation.
And it came to pass at that time, while Eli [was] lying down in his place, and when his eyes had begun to grow so dim that he could not see,
and before the lamp of God went out in the tabernacle of the LORD where the ark of God [was,] and while Samuel was lying down,
that the LORD called Samuel. And he answered, "Here I am!"
So he ran to Eli and said, "Here I am, for you called me." And he said, "I did not call; lie down again." And he went and lay down.
Then the LORD called yet again, "Samuel!" So Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, "Here I am, for you called me." He answered, "I did not call, my son; lie down again."
(Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, nor was the word of the LORD yet revealed to him.)
And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. Then he arose and went to Eli, and said, "Here I am, for you did call me." Then Eli perceived that the LORD had called the boy.
Therefore Eli said to Samuel, "Go, lie down; and it shall be, if He calls you, that you must say, 'Speak, LORD, for Your servant hears.' " So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
Now the LORD came and stood and called as at other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" And Samuel answered, "Speak, for Your servant hears."
You cannot hear, if there is no call from somewhere or someone. Also, you can only answer to a call that you hear. A call can come from any quarter. However, being able to recognise the voice of the one calling is very crucial for every child of God. May God give us hearing ears, seeing eyes and listening heart in Jesus’ name (Proverbs 20:12; Matthew 11:15).
1. How does God speak?
2. Results of hearing from God
HOW DOES GOD SPEAK?
God has spoken in various ways to His people from ages past. Some of the ways are: loud voice (Exodus 3:4), inner witness (Matthew 16:17; Acts 27:9-11), small/still voice (1Kings 19:12; Job 4:16), dreams and visions (1Kings 3:5; Matthew 1:20), God’s anointed servants (2Kings 20:1,5), His word-the Holy Scriptures (2Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 10:7).
Discerning between God’s voice and other voices (devil, flesh, etc.) is very crucial (1Corinthians 2:11; 1John 4:1). A believer must grow steadily into maturity to be able to recognise and adhere to the voice of God (2Peter 3:18; Hebrews 5:14). Obedience to God’s voice in little matters enhances the ability of a believer to hear more from God. Ultimately, the voice you hear must be substantiated in the scriptures for confirmation (Acts 17:11).
RESULTS OF HEARING FROM GOD
1. Divine guidance/direction (Isaiah 30:21; 1kings 17:2-4, 8-9; 18:1).
2. Prompt answers to prayers (1Kings 18:36-38; Acts 9:10-12, 17-18).
3. Peace and divine assurance (Acts 27:22-24; Psalm 85:￼
4. Better relationship with God (Exodus 33:11; Isaiah 6:￼
5. Boldness to exercise spiritual authority (Exodus 3:18, 5:1; Acts 16:16-18).
God in still in the business of speaking to His children (Psalm 62:11). We need to learn how to hear from Him and obey His voice (John 10:4-5,27).
1. How does God speak?
2. Mention four results of hearing from God.
Tuesday, 19 June 2018
Saturday, 2 June 2018
Pastor E A Adeboye Sermon Note June 2018 Holy Ghost Service - Stronger Than Your Enemies 6 (Victory Through Praise)
Bible Text: John 4:23-24
- Victory for Nigeria “The Nation where you are”
- Victory for the Church of God;
- Victory for your families and
- Victory for yourself as an individual
- Children teachers
- Good parents
- The RCCG
- Follow the examples of Praise Singers, Call God His names.
- When the spirit draws near, He shakes everything shakable. Acts 4:23-31
- When he comes in, it is as a rushing mighty wind or fire. Acts 2:1-4 Judges 15:14-15
- You'll have plenty increase. Psalm 67:5
- Frightening testimonies. Genesis 26:12-16