2 Kings 8: 1-6
Now Elisha had said to the woman whose son he had restored to life, "Go away with your family and stay for a while wherever you can, because the Lord has decreed a famine in the land that will last seven years." The woman proceeded to do as the man of God said. She and her family went away and stayed in the land of the Philistines seven years.
At the end of the seven years she came back from the land of the Philistines and went to appeal to the king for her house and land. The king was talking to Gehazi, the servant of the man of God, and had said, "Tell me about all the great things Elisha has done." Just as Gehazi was telling the king how Elisha had restored the dead to life, the woman whose son Elisha had brought back to life came to appeal to the king for her house and land.
Gehazi said, "This is the woman, my lord the king, and this is her son whom Elisha restored to life."The king asked the woman about it, and she told him.
Then he assigned an official to her case and said to him, "Give back everything that belonged to her, including all the income from her land from the day she left the country until now."
Beloved, welcome to another precious time of divine aura and virtue as we learn together at the master's feet. We serve a living and mighty God. I am also glad to know that the word of my King can never be ignored. Where ever the word of the King is, there is Power. This season, the honor and glory due to you as the child of the most high will be accorded you in Jesus Name. The Lord who made Joseph a lord to the Egyptian and Daniel to be lord over all the Presidents in Babylon will also cause you to excel beyond your equals.
In the passage above, we came across a classical and typical story of dispossession and restoration. There are several way men can be dispossessed of their belongings; in this story, it happens to be famine. A harsh and unpleasant situation. As in other famines in the scripture, famine are often accompanied with losses, frustration, regression, destructions and sometimes death. However, whether famine or flourish, a believer needs to know exactly the mind of God before making the next move.
The natural thing is to avoid famine. However in Gen 26: 1-13, God specifically commanded Isaac to dwell and sow in the land of famine. He obeyed and reaped a great harvest in the same year.
Conversely in Ruth 1, Elimelech migrated his famine from Bethlehem Judah (the house of bread) to Moab on account of a fierce famine and lost all his children and also died in a strange land - a probably indication that going to Moab was not God's perfect will. For it was said in Ruth 1: 6 that God had visited Israel at Bethlehem Judah with bread (despite the famine).
In today's passage, there are 7 things to note to repossess your possession.
- The woman relocated for a specific period of time on account of the word of Elisha - the prophet of the Lord. Note that Elisha (a type of the Lord) had said for a while. The Rhema is to understand the Lord's mandate. I am not sure of any passage where God instructed his people to relocate permanently on account of famine. Beloved, before your next move or relocation, be very clear of the mandate of the Lord.
- The woman obeyed and returned after seven years. Naomi, the wife of Elimelech returned after 10 years. Even Israel sojourned in Egypt for 400 years was specified and to accomplish a definite objective. Although the Prophet did not specify duration of the famine, it was the prerogative of the Shunnamite women to pay attention to happenings in her land. Thank God, she returned after 7 years to reclaim her land, she probably wouldn't have been able if she delayed it some years further. My prayer for you - you will not miss your season of restoration in Jesus Name.
- By the time she returned, her land and property had been taken up. This has a lot of spiritual implication. Whatever is not attended to is taken up by another. In the realm of the spirit, we cannot be careless in certain areas of our lives. If for instances, a man do not take charge of the well being of his children spiritually, in his very eyes, they can become vagabond. Matt 13: 25 says that while men slept, the enemy planted tares among the good seeds. This is a strategy that the enemy has been using successfully to steal, frustrate and delay the believer's blessings. Understanding the implication of spiritual possession will allow you to take serious every aspect of your life. I pray for you, in every area that you have been careless and the enemy had taken over your rightful possession, the Lord will open your eyes in Jesus Name.
- Whenever you become aware of a dispossession, you have the greater King to appeal to. In Luke 18:1-4, even the unrighteousness Judge attended to the widow because she wearied him; how much more the Lord - ever faithful and true? I don't know what rightly belong to you but has been taken away - your joy, peace, marriage, prosperity, health - today and this season, muster some strength, encourage yourself in the Lord and appeal to the king. He will surely come to your aid.
- The Lord sent a witness ahead of the woman to make her restoration easy. I perceived she must have been rehearsing her plea. As a matter of fact, she approached the palace with crying to attract the King's attention. How do I know? In vs 5, it was while the king was having a conversation with Gehazi that the woman was heard appealing (pleading in a loud and convincing manner) for her land. May I announce to you, the Lord has sent a witness ahead of you. The holy spirit, which always maketh intercession for you.
- The king thereafter appointed an officer to do 2 things - restore her property and the proceed thereof from the time she had left. This is loaded. I pray for you, whatever is yours before now and taken away, shall be restored, with all the proceeds thereof in Jesus Name. A friend of mine has just been delivered of triplets after waiting for several years - instead of one, she got three. I decree, your restoration plus the proceed thereof cometh in Jesus Name.
- Because the king commanded, the restoration was perfected. Eccles 8:4 says where the word of the king is, there is power; and who may say to him, what doesn't thou. I decree therefore, every word of the King concerning you shall come to pass. Every spoken word concerning your repossession and restoration, we actualize them now in Jesus Name. We speak to the four winds of the earth, every visible and invisible forces to cooperate with God and actualize the fulfillment of the King's word in your life and situation.
I trust God to bless, keep and lead you in the way to go. Whatever steps you need to take, receive divine guidance now in Jesus Name.
Shalom & Blessings!!!
From the Desk of;
Pastor in the House
Post a Comment