How do I know the mind of God? What is the will of God concerning a matter? What options do I take amongst two or more alternatives? How do I know whether the voice I am hearing is from God or the devil? These are some of the questions several people are seeking answers to.
Well, don't think it's only happening to you. I dare to say there are many in the same situation with you right now. Joel 3: 14 referred to a multitude of people in the valley of decision.
Do you know that the Lord who is your God from time immemorial has always been walking with men (as many who are willing to walk with Him) and He is still committed to it.
In Gen 3: 8 'And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day.
Gen 5: 24 'Enoch walked FAITHFULLY with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.
In Gen 18: 19, God said concerning Abraham 'For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him...
Isaiah 6: 8 'Then, I heard the voice of the Lord saying 'whom shall I send? And who shall go for us?
I have good news for you dear reader. The God who walked with faithfully men of old is still alive and He will like to fulfil your joy by also walking with you. The most important thing therefore is to be available. If you read the account in Gen 3, you will noticed that even when Adam and Eve had hidden themselves and did not show up because of sin, God still came calling and walking in the garden. Was it that God did not know they had sin? Absolutely No.
The first thing therefore is to discover your garden. You need to discover the meeting point with God. There is a meeting place, a regular meeting place and when you abandoned the spot, you left God with no choice as He will not continue to walk alone.
The hymn by John H Sammis and Daniel B Towner is a pointer to what we need to do.
When we walk with the Lord, in the light of His words, what a Glory He sheds on our way;
When we do His good will, He abides with us still and with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there is no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
What are the steps to walking with God?
1. Walking with God is for children, willing to walk with God. Heb 5; 10 - 14.
2. The key word is to consistently stay with God. Mark 3; 10 - 15, Heb, James 4: 8. The more time you spend with someone, the deeper your knowledge of the person.
3. Recognise the place of the Holy Spirit and always check for guidance. John 16: 7. The parakletos, the Comforter - in other words, the guidance of the Holy Spirit brings comfort.
4. Notwithstanding the fact that God has been talking and walking with you for ages, never take Him for granted, always check with the Holy spirit. Joshua did and he made costly error. Jos 3; 1 - 7, Jos 9. You will not make costly errors in Jesus Name.
5. Beware of the wiles of the devil. Whatever leading or guidance or counsel you are receiving must be consistent with the word of God. If it's not consistent with the Word of God, be very careful about that voice. Therefore learn to test every spirit. 1 John 1:4 enjoins you to test every spirit.
Beloved, the good news is that Jesus is still longing for your fellowship. The primary reason why He made you is for fellowship; every other thing is secondary. And be rest assured, that as you are seeking to walk with you; He is also searching for you - so that He can show himself mighty on your behalf. 2 Chr 16; 9.
This year, as you walk with God consistently, He shall surely show Himself mighty for you and on your behalf. It is so sweet to walk with God.
Make up your mind and start Now!!! Go and Discover your Garden and keep at it consistently.
Shalom and Blessings.
From the Desk of
Pastor in the House