Blessed be the Lord God who has granted us access to everything that pertain to life and godliness.
This morning, I'm led to discuss the issue of worry. Worry is a subtle tool in the hands of the enemy, and it has been used effectively over and over again to rob many believers of their blessings.
To worry is to feel uneasy or concerned about something; it is to be troubled; it is to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts; it is to fret. To harass by repeated
tearing at something.
Beloved, sadly, worry is a silent operator eroding the believers' virtues. Worry, just like fear is a forerunner of the devil. If a believer is manipulated by these twin evil emotions 'worry and fear', more often than not, the enemy is likely going to succeed in manipulating such a person.
One of the vices that Jesus took on headlong early in His ministry life was worry. Matt 6: 24 - 34. I will like you to read the passage in your own Bible.
Some things jumped at me like never before that has more than ever confirm to me the need to eradicate worry amongst the saints.
1. Jesus commenced the discussion from a spiritual perspective by saying that the emotions you manifest is a function of the master you serve. Vs 24 - you cannot serve two master - (God and the mammon - a type of devil)
2. Everytime you worry, it is an indication of your allegiance to the devil. And because you are the servant of whoever you submit to; at that material point - goodness and mercy are temporarily disabled, suspended and the enemy often had a free day. That's why worry leads the captive to despondency and complete loss of confidence. This certainly is not God's desire for His own.
3. Please note that worry like fear is an evil spirit and it is a demon. There is a demon called worry just like there's an angel called Joy. So, everytime you dwell in worry, a demon is at work.
4. To corroborate the point that worry is evil; and if evil, it is bad, Jesus said in verse 34 'take therefore no thought for the morrow; for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof..(Reboskih). Sufficient is the worry for the day. Why look for more???
5. Worry do not solve any problem. Prayer does!!!
What shall we do to overcome this evil?
My recommendations are as follows (offcourse) patterned after the Lord's message...
1. Be very sure you are daily aligned, connected and an active kingdom dweller. Vs 33 - seek ye first the kingdom of God. Do not allow anything to derail you in the journey of life.
2. You can't possible prevent the thought of worry coming to you but you can DO something to reject it. Just like you can't prevent a bird from flying over your head but you WON'T allow any bird build its nest on your head.
3. Everytime worry comes - attack it with an Holy anger. Don't entertain worry. It's a super manipulator per excellence.
4. Dwell in the Word. Find out what God is saying about the situation and hold on tightly to it.
5. Instead of worry - pray, sing praises because light and darkness can't dwell together. As you begin to invoke the spirit of God through praise and prayer, light and grace will manifest and darkness will naturally flee.
6. Since worry is an attack on your thought process - you can control what you think about.
Start now, start today!!! What do you focus your thoughts on...Phill 4; 8 - 9.
In summary, Phill 4; 6 - 7 is the golden passage for you. Do not worry about anything; be careful for nothing. Don't entertain worry but in everything....
Father, having exposed the manipulation of worry to your children, and your word say we shall know the truth and the truth shall set us free... In Jesus mighty name, I rebuke every operations of the spirit of worry; I disable, I destroy, I conquer and consume them by the fire of the Holy Ghost. Let God's people be FREE NOW in Jesus mighty Name, Amen.
Shalom and Blessings!!!
From the Desk of
Pastor in the House