May 2020 Special Sunday Service
Ministering: Pastor E A Adeboye
Theme: Overcoming Mountains
Bible Text: Exodus 14:13-18
Song: We give glory to the Lord, He reigns
We give glory to the Lord, He reigns
We give glory to the Lord, He reigns.
I once preached a sermon on seven ways to Deal with a Mountain.
A mountain is an obstacle blocking your way; a unexpected problem or unfamiliar crisis.
Ways to Deal with a mountain:
1. Turn back. Numbers 14:1-4. The Israelites wanted to appoint a captain so they could go back to Egypt.
My prayer for you today is that the problem that will take you back to Egypt, that will take you away from Jesus Christ will never cross your path.
2. To go round it; to look for a way around it. The problem with going round a mountain is that you don't know how far it stretches.
Numbers 32:13. The children of Israel went round the mountain for 40 years. That problem that will cause you to go round and round, the Almighty God will not bring your way.
3. Climbing the mountain. Exodus 17:8-13
4. Bore a hole or tunnel through the mountain. Exodus 14:21-28. The Red Sea parted and the children of Israel passed through.
When you bore a hole through a mountain, the mountain remains but you're already on the other side.
5. Dynamite the mountain. Get some huge explosives and blow the mountain.
Joshua 6:1-20; Joshua and the children of Israel blew up the wall of Jericho by giving a big shout.
6. You can turn the mountain to a habitation; you can sit on the mountain or build a house on it. 2 Kings 4:18-37
7. Fly over the mountain. Isaiah 40:31
This is the greatest option of all. The mountain will be there but you'll be flying above it.
There are certain situations you must pass through; certain mountains you must bore your way through. Isaiah 43:2
What you must do to bore your way through:
1. Trust God the Father knowing that nothing takes God by surprise. Psalm 90:2
Trust God the Son because He said He is the Way. John 14:6
Trust God the Holy Spirit because He can create a path where there's no path. Acts 2:1-4
The Wind is going to blow for you and He'll create a path where there's none.
2. Remember God's mercies and His faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23
God has brought you thus far; He's not going to disappoint you now.
At night when you become completely helpless, there is One who doesn't sleep or slumber and watches over you not because you deserve it but of His mercies.
1 Samuel 17:34-37; What gave David the assurance that he would defeat Goliath was God's faithfulness in the past.
The challenges you're facing now may be new but God remains the same. Malachi 3:6, Hebrews 13:8
If He has healed you before, He will heal you again. If He has delivered you before, He will deliver you again. If He has seen you through before, He will see you through again.
Trust God; remember His mercies and His faithfulness.
3. Believe God's prophets. 2 Chronicles 20:20; the children of Israel didn't hear from God; they only heard from Moses.
I'm not claiming to be a prophet, but I told you at the beginning of the year; this year, the earth will behave like a child in convulsion.
I also told you, particularly those of you who are my genuine children, you'll pass through the sea without even a touch of water on you.
Even the smell of fire was not upon Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego when they came out of the furnace.
I want you to believe me because my Father does not lie; you will come out of this problem safe and sound.
4. You must take a step of faith.
It took an act of faith for the children of Israel to step into the parted sea because there was a huge wall of water on both sides.
Relax, live by faith; God cannot fail you.
God the Father is on the throne, God the Son is by His right hand side watching you and the Holy Spirit is in charge right now.
Remember God's faithfulness and mercies and then move forward.
1 Peter 5:7 Whatever problem you're facing, roll it unto the Almighty God and leave it there. He's more than enough to handle them. Once you pray, leave the rest to the Almighty God.
Isaiah 3:10; If you don't believe me, believe Isaiah who said it will be well with the righteous. Your tomorrow will be alright!
The same Isaiah said woe to the wicked for it shall be ill with him. Isaiah 3:11
Altar call: If you haven't surrendered your life to Jesus Christ, cross over to the right side. He's the One who can make a way where there's no way. He is the Way.
If you would like to surrender your life to Jesus Christ, bow your head and ask Him to please save your soul. Ask Him to make you a part of His family. God bless you.