June 2020 Thanksgiving Service
Ministering: Pastor E A Adeboye
Theme: Flying Over Mountains
Bible Text: Isaiah 40:28-31
Song: We give You all the glory
We give You honour
We give You all the glory
We give You honour
Our Bible text tells us to wait on the Lord if we want to fly over mountains.
The one who waits is called a waiter.
The job of the waiter is to:
1. Sit the guest
2. Bring you a drink as you look over the menu
3. Provide you good food
4. Stand by to wait on you until you're satisfied.
Your duty is to wait on God. God is your guest and you're the waiter.
How do you get Him to sit?
1. Worship Him and invite Him to sit. Psalm 132:7-8
2. Next thing is to give Him water to drink. John 19:28
3. Present God with the food of His choice. John 4:23-24
4. Treat Him with honour. Psalm 50:23
5. Make sure He is fully satisfied. Revelation 4:8-11
Abraham fed the Divine guests and waited on them.
Waiting on the Lord requires you to worship and praise Him.
Waiting on Him does not mean bombarding Him with requests.
When a waiter has satisfied a customer, the customer won't leave without giving a tip.
The greater the customer the greater the tip.
A tip from the Most High who owns the gold and silver means you will fly over several mountains:
1. Fly over the mountain of failure. Luke 5:1-11
2. Fly over the mountain of poverty.
3. Fly over the mountain of barrenness. 2 Kings 4:8-17
4. Fly over the mountain of physical lockdown. Acts 16:16-34
For some people, the lockdown will be over sooner than later.
If you learn to worship God, you will see the lockdown becoming an asset rather than a problem.
5. Fly over spiritual lockdown. Mark 5:2-20
Are you in bondage? Do you have a problem that cannot be explained? If you wait on the Lord correctly by worshipping, you will fly over that mountain.
6. You can fly over the mountain of death. 2 Kings 2:9-11
When the Lord shall return, those of us still alive will fly over the mountain of death to meet Him. Genesis 5:24, Hebrews 11:5, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Wait on Him- sing His praise, thank Him for who He is.
If you haven't surrendered your life to God, do not bother to praise Him.
If you join those praising God, you still won't go with Him at the rapture.
Bow your head now and ask God to please save your soul, wash you clean with His blood and to include you in the family of God.