RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL
SUNDAY, 18TH FEBRUARY 2018
TOPIC: TURNING THE TIDE
MEMORY VERSE: ‘’Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! When God bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad" - Psalm 53:6
BIBLE PASSAGE: Psalm 126:1-6
At least five possibilities exist in having a turning point in one's life. These are when things go from bad to good, good to bad, bad to worse, good to better and a combination of any two or more of these categories. Obviously, these possibilities are determined by the decisions we make and the circumstances in which we find ourselves in our abilities and limitations (1Chronicles 4:9-10). The tide can have a negative or positive turn. May the Lord turn the tide in our favour as we study today, in Jesus' name.
1. It has happened before
2. It can happen again
IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE
The tide has turned in different directions for different people from time immemorial:
1. From bad to good - A certain man by the pool of Bethesda (John 5:1-9). The woman with the issue of blood (Mark 5:25-29). Blind Bartimaeus (Mark 10:46-52). Jabez (1Chronicles 4:9-10).
2. From good to bad - King Saul (1Samuel 13:13-14; 15:22-23, 28; 16:14). Samson (Judges 15:16; 16:20-21, 25-28). Eli (1Samuel 2:27-32). Adam and Eve (Genesis 2:15-17; 3:6, 16-19, 23).
3. From bad to worse - Judas Iscariot (Matthew 27:2-5). Michal (2Samuel 6:20-23). Gehazi (2Kings 5:20, 25-27).
4. From good to better - King Solomon (1Kings 3:4, 13; 10:1). Elisha (1Kings 19:19-21).
5. Combination of turning points - King Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel 1:1-2; 4:30-37). Peter (Luke 5:3-11; Mark 14:66-68; Acts 2:14, 41; 5:16).
IT CAN HAPPEN AGAIN
Regardless of your present situation, you can experience a possible turn-around if you do the following:
1. Repent, turn from your sinful ways and turn to God (2Chronicles 7:13-14).
2. Return and ask for mercy if you are already backslidden (Ezekiel 33:10-13).
3. Restitute so that God can make good what is bad for you (Joel 2:25).
4. Redress, seek after God and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33; Hebrews 12:2; Psalm 121:1-8 ).
5. Re-fire, do not quit, and keep trying as things can be better (Ephesians 3:20).
Where and what you are, are functions of the choices and decisions you made and still making. Make up your mind to get to the positive side of life. The tide is still turning.
1. What are the possibilities that exist in having a turning point?
2. Enumerate the steps to take for the tide to turn in your favour.
Post a Comment