RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENTS MANUAL
SUNDAY 30TH JULY 2017
TOPIC: THE DAYS OF TRIBULATIONMEMORY VERSE: "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.” – Matthew 24:21
BIBLE PASSAGE: Mark 13:19-25
The word tribulation means trouble or suffering. There are different kinds of tribulations mentioned in the Bible (John 16:33). There is tribulation as a result of the acceptance of or obedience to the word of God (Matthew 13:2; Job 5:6-7). The focus of this lesson is the Great tribulation. It is “the mother” of all tribulations (Matthew 24:21). The hardship, turmoil, distress and perplexity that would be experienced in the days of the Greta tribulation are unprecedented. What is the Great tribulation all about? When will it be? What are the events in the days of tribulation?
1. Understanding the Great tribulation
2. Events in the days of Great tribulation
UNDERSTANDING THE GREAT TRIBULATION
It is called the time of Jacob’s (the nation – Israel) trouble (Jeremiah 30:7). The unbelieving Jews (and unsaved or backslidden Gentiles) will be the candidates of the Great tribulation (Daniel 9:12). It will begin after the rapture of the saints and the revelation of the antichrist, the “man of sin” (2Thessalonians 2:3-4,8 ).
The time of the Great tribulation is the “seventieth week”, that is, the last one week of the seventy weeks of Daniel’s prophecy (Daniel 9:20-27). The first half of the last one week (the first three and a half years) will be for the full physical manifestation of the antichrist, during which he shall make a covenant with Israel (Daniel 9:27). The second half of the last one week (the last three and half years) will be time of unprecedented trouble (Daniel 9:27; 11:36; Matthew 24:15). The last three and a half years of the Great tribulation will culminate in the second coming of Christ with the saints (Mark 13:24-26; 2Thessalonians 2:8 ).
EVENTS IN THE DAYS OF GREAT TRIBULATION
The Great tribulation will witness series of significant but terrifying events. These include:
1. Unprecedented religious persecution of those who missed the rapture (Matthew 24:21,22).
2. Unparalleled global religious deception (Matthew 24:24-28 ).
3. Untold global economic problem, in which only those who receive the mark of the Beast can buy or sell (Revelations 13:17,18 ).
4. Series of unrighteous and abominable religious practices (2Thessalonians 2:3,4,10).
5. Intense temptation all over the world (Revelations 3:10).
Those who have received Christ as their Lord and personal Saviour and keep themselves holy till He comes at rapture shall be delivered (through rapture) from the days of the Great tribulation. However, the sinners and the backsliders will face the danger of the Great tribulation.
1. What do you understand by the Great tribulation?
2. Mention the events that characterise the days of Great tribulation?
3. What is the way out from Great tribulation?