Half of 2014 is almost done and dusted! This in itself calls for thanksgiving. However, given the spate of unimaginable incidence already experienced this year, I consider this season, a good opportunity also, for personal reflection and examination of our goals and plans to enable us re-apply ourselves to those things which are important and critical for the Now. There is an urgency in the spirit. David said in Psalms 90:12, "So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."
Please step back and ponder! Consider deeply and wonder! What is going on? The more I reflect, the stronger the conviction that we are indeed in a war zone spiritually. Man will always find a reason for whatever pattern of events, but the real truth is that the enemy is out with a total war strategy against the things of the kingdom. This series is therefore designed with strong conviction that victory, complete restoration is available for God's people.
The hour is now to fight the good fight and take back all the good things that the enemy had stolen, broken, destroyed, confiscated and manipulated during the period of our spiritual slumber and carelessly. To do otherwise is suicidal.
Part 1 - Understanding the Warfare SW 101
Definition of terms:
What is Warfare?
1. An active struggle between two competing entities. Spiritual warfare is therefore, invisible, but active struggle between the forces of righteousness and evil.
2.Engagement in or the activities involved in war or conflict. It means to fight, combat, conflict, armed conflict, struggle, military action, hostilities, bloodshed, battles, skirmishes, battles, campaigning, passage of/at arms, strife, hostility, enmity, antagonism, discord.
This is the reality of modern day warfare. Spiritual warfare is and should never be treated with kid gloves.
Force - force is a push or pull upon an object resulting from the object's interaction with another object. Whenever there is an interaction between two objects. It connotes making a way through or into (by physical strength), break open by force.
Synonyms for FORCE are: break open, burst open, knock down, smash down, kick in, extract, elicit, exact, extort, wrest, wring, drag, screw, squeeze...
Kindly however note that the FORCE here is spiritual and not physical. Zech 4:6.
One of the biblical introduction of spiritual FORCE is contained in Matt11:11-12 "Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. (KJV)". Dear reader, spiritual warfare is real! I want to share with you some basic truths about this warfare.
8 basic truths about spiritual warfare:
1. We operate in a world that is constantly undergoing spiritual warfare. Whether you are a Christian or not, the spiritual warfare is constantly on. Gen 3:15.
Do you know that Satan's sole goal is to hinder our relationship with God. He is a deceiver. He twists and turns things just like when he encountered Eve in the garden…"Did God really say…?" (Gen. 3:1) In our world today, it doesn't take much for our focus to get diverted.
2. That you are not aware of the spiritual warfare around you does not in any way shield you from the consequences of the warfare going on. 1 Pet 5:8 enjoins you to 'Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. Christians cannot afford to be spiritually unaware of the undergoing spiritual warfare.
3. The spiritual controls the physical. This is a common saying. I'm not sure many takes this seriously though. Satan will have victory in our lives when we do not stand firm in whom we are in Jesus Christ. Therefore, it is essential that we are firmly rooted in God's Word. "For we are not unaware of his schemes." (2 Cor. 2:11). Because the battles in our physical lives are rooted in the spiritual realm, we must address them on the spiritual level.
4. Spiritual warfare affects everyone. In fact, the day we become committed and accepts Christ as Lord and Saviour, we are already involved in spiritual warfare. There is no place you can escape from this warfare. There are no "safe zones" or "secure bunkers" where you can hide. Maybe the thought just crossed your mind...if there are no safe zones for believers, maybe it's better off not to be a believer. Please read 1 Pet 4:18.
5. The strategy of the kingdom of darkness is to keep believers in darkness, make believers unaware of the spiritual warfare around them in order to continue to negatively affect the well being of the body of Christ. Zech 1:17-18.
6. The objective of the devil in constantly engaging in spiritual warfare against believers remains to steal, to kill and to destroy - in every ramifications. Whatever that is good and meant for the believers - the enemy wants to destroy. John 10:10a.
7. God made solid provision for your victory over all forms of spiritual warfare. You have victory through your association - believe, salvation and constantly walking with the Lord. You have victory in Jesus. John 10:10b. Jesus said, I have come, that you may have life, and have life to the fullest...this indeed is encouraging and assuring,
Do you know that Jesus sincerely had you covered from the enemy's attack. Jesus completely and perfectly negotiated your victory at Gethsemane over the devil and it's evil schemes. Are you aware of this? In John 18: 1-9...
Verses 4-9 "Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way: That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none. (John 18:4-9 KJV).
I don't know what the enemy is currently throwing at you, (your marriage, your career, your health, your finances, your peace, your self esteem, etc) right now, the truth is, he has no right to do so. Jesus emphatically told the devil - take me and let these go their way. As a believer, you are also a disciple. You were a part of that negotiation at Gethsemane. Therefore, I speak authoritatively in the Name of Jesus, oh you forces of darkness operating over this reader with an intention to plug away from divine destiny and purpose, loose your hold right now in Jesus Name, Amen!!!
Hos 4:6 says 'God's people are continuously cheated on account of poor knowledge and understanding of their position. In Christ Jesus'. From today, there is no more excuse. It's time to take your place in Christ Jesus as a victor. Jesus did it at Gethsemane and that victory is still in force until the end of age. You have a duty to arise and enforce it. 1 Sam 30:1-8. The kingship of David would have been terminated, because his soldiers could have killed him if not that he found inner strength, encouraged himself in the Lord and overcame their evil intentions. It's your time to overcome also.
8. In every battle, there are five reasons why people are easily defeated because:
1. They are unaware of the battle.
2. They are ill prepared.
3. They are well prepared but ran out of ammunition
4. They are fully prepared, but something got lost in the process of warfare.
5. They were asleep in the time of war. Matt 13:25
I want you to pray earnestly this week. Every element of sleep, slumber, error of omission, carelessness, designed to make me loose my blessings, I come against you by fire in Jesus Name.
Earnestly pray to be spiritually conscious of the victories perfected for you in Christ Jesus. You are more than conquerors through Christ that strengthens you.
In conclusion, beloved, you have been exposed to your positional location in Jesus. The time has come to arise and take your rightful place and operate as a victor. No matter the schemes from hell, God said I should remind you "in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. (Romans 8:37 KJV)"
Make bold these declarations:
I am a chosen generation, and a victor in Christ Jesus.
I have complete victory over all the forces and activities of darkness.
My life is hid in Christ Jesus.
No weapon that is fashioned against me shall prosper.
I appropriate my position in Christ Jesus today, this week and going forward, devil, get off my way! You have permanently lost the battle over my life, my destiny, my present and my future.
My family is secured and safe from your manipulations.
Christ has set us free and we are free indeed!!!!
Halleluyah!!! John 8:32, 36.
Have a blessed week everyone....
Shalom & Mega Blessings,
From the Desk of;
Pastor in the House